Date(s) - 20/04/2022
Bridlington Priory Church
Anyone who has been to an organ recital at the Priory or indeed heard Michael Smith play at a concert or the recessional at the end of a service will know what a magnificent sound the organ produces. ‘Organ Favourites’ was an opportunity to hear well-known organ favourites superbly played on a unique instrument – you might call it a ‘classic FM selection’ for organ.
Bridlington Priory organist Michael Smith. Photo © Julie Folds MA.
Furthermore, it was possible to nominate a piece to be played by Michael Smith at the concert, for a donation to Priory funds if the request was fulfilled.
- Marc Antoine Charpentier (1634-1704) – Trumpet Tune
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) – Chorale Prelude on ‘Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland’
- Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wély (1817-1869) – Sortie in E flat
- Léon Boëllmann (1862-1897) – Prière à Notre-Dame
- Sigfrid Karg-Elert (1877-1933) – Trumphal March on ‘Nun Danket alle Gott’
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) – Chorale Prelude on ‘Wer nur den lieben Gott lässt walten’
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) – Toccata & Fugue in D minor
- Craig Sellar Lang (1891-1971) – Tuba Tune
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958) – Hymn Prelude on ‘Rhosymedre’
- Christopher Steel (1939-1991) – Dancing Toccata from ‘Changing Moods’
- Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wély (1817-1869) – Sortie in B flat
- Pietro Alessandro Yon (1886-1943) – Humoresque L’organo Primitive
- Félix Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911) – Grand Chœur in D
For further information about the 2013 organ recital programme at Bridlington Priory, please click here.
Online bookings are not currently available for this event.